Our classes run throughout the day, seven days a week, and cover a range of different styles and locations. Once you find a class that works for you, make sure your spot is ready and waiting for you by pre-registering and arriving fifteen minutes in advance.
Manayunk Studio Schedule
Chestnut Hill Studio Schedule
Outdoor Classes Schedule
Virtual Classes Schedule
Your experience is important to us. Here are some friendly suggestions to help us create great experiences and happy atmosphere for you and your fellow yogis.
BE ON TIME
Whether you’re an advanced yogi or this is your first time ever on the mat, please review our tips and advice below prior to your first visit to the Unity studio.
- Unity is a trauma-informed and recovery-centric studio that celebrates diversity, healing, and wellness for all. As such, we ask that you treat the studio space as a sanctuary not only for yourself, but your fellow yogis.
- Please do not wear shoes of any kind in the studio – there are cubbies in the reception area to store all your belongings. Note: cubbies are easily accessible and should be used for small personal items or extra clothing; all valuables should be left in your car or at home as Unity Yoga is not responsible for any personal items stored at the studio at any time.
- Cell phones should be left with your other items and never brought into the studio – smart watches are okay as long as they are on silent. Please help us avoid an awkward conversation by following this guideline at all times.
- Avoid talking about drinking or other substance use while in the studio – while not all students choose to refrain from substances, the studio is not the place for these discussions.
- We are a consent-first space for all students, teachers, and other staff. Please ask for consent before any physical touch including assists – we will return the favor!
- Personal hygiene is important at the studio and we ask that all yogis practice safe practices and remember they are practicing in a hot yoga studio!
- Please arrive 15 minutes before class starts – doors will be locked promptly 5 minutes before class start time and students will not be able to enter after, no exceptions.
- Masks are optional at this time in all studio classes and outdoor classes.
- Please note: 5 class packs expire after 30 days; 10 class packs expire after 60 days; and 20 class packs expire after 120 days.
What To Bring To Class
- Yoga Mat: Though we practice on soft floors, a yoga mat is required for practice. We do have mats available to purchase or borrow if you happen to forget yours.
- Water Bottle: Many classes are heated and can be physically challenging. Please be sure to bring a water bottle for your practice. We have a filling station in the studio in case your bottle is empty!
- Hand Towel / Mat Towel: Towels are used by many students to help wipe sweat or keep their grip during practice. We do have hand towels and mat towels for purchase if you don’t already have one.
- Comfortable Practice Attire: While we don’t have any strict guidelines on attire, please make sure you are comfortable and have a full range of motion (and use your best judgement!)
What To Expect On Your Visit
- Arrival / Check-in: Please arrive 15 minutes before class to check-in, especially if you have not yet filled out your account information and signed a waiver – waivers are required before any yogi can practice!
- Before Class: You can set up your mat and get comfortable in your space to light music as you wait for class to start. We are a community, so you will likely get a chance to meet some of your fellow yogis and make new friends during this time.
- During Class: All of our teachers use a trauma-informed approach. At check-in you will be given a consent card that you can place at the front of your mat that will let the teacher know if you would like hands-on assists or prefer not have them. All classes are a series of suggestions, not requirements, so you will be able to practice to your pace and comfort level – the teacher is a guide not a drill instructor. Most classes are 60-75 minutes in length and follow a series of asanas to help open up the body and connect to your breath.
- Class Ending: Classes (except pre-natal) end with savasana.
What Is Far Infrared Heat (MNYK Studio Only)
- While most hot yoga studios use forced air to heat their space, Unity Yoga uses infrared heat, which provides a therapeutic, deep penetrating, detoxifying form of heat that is easier on the body.
- Infrared heat is completely safe and is not known to produce any negative side effects.
- We use ceiling mounted infrared panels in the studio (7 in total), which are mounted 8-10 feet away from all students.
Potential Benefits of Far Infrared Heat:
- Burn hundreds of calories in 20-30 minutes
- Reduced stress and fatigue
- Strengthened cardiovascular system
- Heal injuries faster and more efficiently
- Relieve pain and migraine headaches
- Ease joint pain and stiffness
- Relaxed muscles and increased flexibility
- Deep cleanses skin naturally
- Removes toxins and mineral waste
- Improved immune system
- Increased metabolism
- Removes heavy metals, toxins and pollutants from the tissues
Am I required to register in advance for in studio classes?
- If you intend to practice in studio with us, you must register in advance for class through our website schedule or the Mindbody app. Students wishing to cancel a reservation for an in studio classes must do so at least 60 minutes in advance or they will pay a late cancellation fee.
- Students wishing to practice virtually through the virtual studio will not be required to register 24-hours in advance and may register for any class at any time before it begins.
Will I be charged a fee if I late cancel a reservation?
- Students wishing to cancel a reservation for an in studio classes must do so at least 60 minutes in advance or they will pay a late cancellation fee. This policy applies to regular classes, free classes, outdoor classes, events, studio classes, and virtual classes.
- For students paying with a class pack, late cancelations are equivalent to a single class and will automatically be removed from your account. For students on memberships, late cancelations will be $10 per late cancel and all late fees must be paid before you may register and attend another in studio class if not automatically deducted from your account at the time of late cancelation.
- Any no show of a registered class will incur a no show fee of $20.